I am currently an undergraduate at the University of California, Los Angeles studying Computer Science in the Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science, and I graduated in 2017 from Upper Arlington High School
In the Summer of 2019, I was a Security Technology and Response intern at Symantec in Culver City, California. As an intern, I built a virtual filesystem and registry from scratch in C++ to back emulated processes. In addition, I defined a custom language to write signatures for malware detections in an emulated environment. I wrote a lexer, parser and compiler to convert this higher-level defined language into C++ which was compiled as a module for the existing project
In 2018 I was a data analytics intern at ORIS Intelligence, where I utilized data monitoring tools to maintain the health of internal systems. I also developed several web scrapers to gather data from sites monitored by ORIS, and used the data that was collected to solve issues on a larger scale, as well as discover thousands of previously untracked sites, adding value for ORIS's customers.
I have also worked on independent video game development using Unity and C# Scripting, competing at hackathons and Game Jams including Ludum Dare, and the Global Game Jam 2018 and 2019
I'm an Officer of ACM Game Studio, and have also been a Clarinetist in the UCLA Marching Band since Fall 2017
I worked to add support for Behavioral Detections of malware in an emulated environment, in the process writing my own signature language, complete with lexer, parser and compiler. In addition, I built a highly customizable virtual filesystem and registry from scratch, helping to support emulation of x86 executables
I used an Agile workflow to plan, develop, test and reevaluate software. During my internship, I wrote several Python web scrapers to visit sites monitored by ORIS and gather information for the company database. These scrapers allowed site monitoring issues to be detected and addressed on a much larger scale, and helped to discover thousands of previously untracked web pages. Tools I used included Python, MySQL and Git